Saturday, April 24, 2010

Flowers along Toms Run

I finally did something I have wanted to do for a long time. I followed Tom's Run from where it crosses the AT (near the shelter) east to Camp Michaux. The snow melt caused the creek to flow deeply enough that it had overflowed the banks and scoured the debris away from the banks. Most of the plants that would make a bushwhack difficult later in the summer were just showing their green noses out of the leaves. The first half of the way was fairly easy. The closer to the remains of Camp Michaux I got the more pine trees and brambles I needed to push through. Of course I took pictures of the Run the whole way.

I have been unusually busy recently. I have been out hiking several times but not enough. To make it worse this is the first time I have downloaded any pictures from my camera in two weeks. I will put a few more on my web album..
Posted by Picasa

No comments: