Sunday, October 16, 2011

Toms Run in the Fall

I haven't been able to hike since last July due to some nasty surgery. Today was the first day that I have been able to do any hiking since then. I chose to circle hike from Camp Michaux to Toms Run Shelters on the Sunset Rocks Trail and back via the AT.

I had a lovely walk as usual. The fall leaves are slightly past their prime. However when the leaves fall into Toms Run they are always beautiful.  I keep trying to take the perfect picture of Toms Run.  This one makes me feel very good.

My lovely wife and best friend Carolyn was with me.  It was good to be on the trail again.   Camp Michaux has become a tourist attraction since it has been restored a bit by the Cumberland County Historical Society.  There were many more folks in the area than typical.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: